HomeGalleryFAQRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Is this Opuntia ficus-indica ?
by RoseM Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:31 pm

» Wanted: Pereskia Aculeata (Not Godseffiana)
by EightySeven Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:02 pm

» White spots on my cacti
by cactgustim Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:11 pm

» Romanian Online Journal - Xerophilia
by eduart Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:25 am

» Problem with cacti
by nzivanovic Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:58 pm

» Free continual trading thread
by chris86 Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:54 pm

Share | 

Trying to find Mammillaria prolifera

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lachy

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Trying to find Mammillaria prolifera   Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:49 pm

I know it's hardly an exotic species, but I've been trying to locate a specimen of Mammillaria prolifera for about the last year. It's one that I have seen in cultivation every now and then, but rarely for sale - it seems like it's the sort of plant that gets passed as cuttings from grower to grower.

Does anyone know where I can obtain one of these little guys?
Back to top Go down
SnowFella
Calm and Collected

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2010-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find Mammillaria prolifera   Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:40 pm

I've found them both at Hamiltons and Flower Power in the Sydney region, with Hamiltons in mind that means you should also be able to find them at Bunnings, Masters and occationally Kmart. I've been told Hamilton's has managed to score an exclusive contract with Masters and are shipping large amounts of plants to all Masters stores, if I'm right the nearest Masters store is no more than 50km away from Langwarrin....if it's Langwarrin, Vic that is.
M. prolifera is one of my pet hates alongside M. glassii at the moment, I just can't keep the bloody things alive nomatter what I try!

Disclaimer: yes I do work for Woolworths, who owns Masters, but have nothing to do with Masters or sales. I'm a mere distribution warehouse slave. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lachy

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find Mammillaria prolifera   Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:09 pm

There's a Masters being built in Mornington at the moment... right around the corner from Bunnings.

Hopefully the staff there don't drown every cactus that they receive...
Back to top Go down
Navajoa

Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2009-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find Mammillaria prolifera   Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:37 pm

Good to hear SnowFella- There's a Master going up not far from me...so I might see the occasional interesting plant if Hamiltons are supplying ! Thanks
Back to top Go down
SnowFella
Calm and Collected

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find Mammillaria prolifera   Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:25 pm

Just a shame that Masters in their wisdom has opted not to label any plant, from what staff at Hamiltons has told me no genus or speices labels are to accompany the plants...just Masters own idiotic labels that name all Cactii as "yeah haw" Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lachy

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find Mammillaria prolifera   Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:11 pm

No genus or species tags? Is that across the whole range of plants or purely on cacti?
Back to top Go down
SnowFella
Calm and Collected

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find Mammillaria prolifera   Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:13 pm

All i know is what Hamiltons are supplying, so cactii and succulents. Got no close Masters store so I can't check it out myself.
From what Iv'e seen at Hamiltons though they have been picking out choice plants for the masters contract, seem they want to start out making an impression!
Back to top Go down
shortly

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find Mammillaria prolifera   Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:48 pm

If your still looking i can help you out with either seed or pups of a golden spined clone or pups of a long white spined plant from german seed.
Back to top Go down
Lachy

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find Mammillaria prolifera   Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:58 pm

That's a very kind offer mate, but I'm happy to continue searching at Masters when they open.
Back to top Go down
SnowFella
Calm and Collected

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find Mammillaria prolifera   Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:51 pm

Got any hassles with ebay? There's a seller in Melbourne right now selling M. Prolifera, might even be able to get a deal as you are close.
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewitem?itemId=290388611877&index=2&nav=SEARCH&nid=29869695020

If it wasn't for the fact that my plant is dead or near death I'd send it to you. Second one i've killed now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find Mammillaria prolifera   

Back to top Go down

Trying to find Mammillaria prolifera
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1